Sunday, April 8, 2012

joyeuse pâques

Happy Easter everyone!

I have lots of other tidbits to catch up on, but for the moment I just thought I'd share a little bit of Easter magic... In my family, the Easter Bunny is quite the poet, leaving long rhyming clues for the kids to follow from one to the next in order to find the baskets and really good candy before we're set loose to find the rest of the eggs scattered around the house and garden.  The past few years have been a little hard on the poor rabbit, given how far apart we all are.... But what do you know, E.B. (that'd be Easter Bunny) got the last word, as per usual.  Here it is:


Fwd: What do you think I am, transcontinental??

Taisha Barton-Rowledge
10:57 AM (8 minutes ago)
to RussellLorindaMackenzieLoganRussSheralynDarrelLaura
Hey family!!

This came through to me again this year, not sure if you got it directly from E.B. 
as well or not, but I thought I'd send it along.  I love you, fly safely today Dad, and 
Happy Easter to all!  

xoxo love you,
Taisha

On Sat, Apr 7, 2012 at 11:59 PM, E. Bunny <eastermagic@gmail.com>wrote:

Well once again I find that my favorite family is a little scattered,
Must be trying to fool me, as though geography even matters.
But after all these years I'm really quite smart,
And the only map I look at covers the geography of the heart.

So once again my magic might have to be in a virtual letter,
(An old rabbit like me is becoming quite the trend-setter)
And while emailed chocolate still hasn't quite come through,
I've got Willy Wonka working, see what he and his gadgets can do. 

And despite what the oldest daughter might say,
Chocolate isn't the most important part of this day.
Instead it's the love you all carry for each other,
For your mother and father, your sister and brother. 

So despite all the distance between each of you,
Know that rainbows can stretch from here to Timbuktu,
You'll always be connected by the feelings you feel,
Even when you can't be there to all share a meal. 

Well my dears, love on each other and take care of yourselves,
I'm about to rest for the year, take a trip to see some elves.
You can count on each other through any commotion,
Love'll always be there, across any continent or ocean. 
Maybe some year, for once, you'll all be in the same state,
And you'll know where to find me, just look to the gate.

Baskets of love,
E.B.

No comments:

Post a Comment