Monday, May 23, 2011

Carolina Ballet

I feel like I'm just barely on the other side of a wave, having rode the entire crest and am settling into the valley while looking ahead to the next one.  Yesterday was my final performance with Carolina Ballet, which was wonderful and bittersweet all at once.  Being able to look across the stage at all my girls and share the magic of a show with them one last time was a wonderful honor, and it's unbelievable to think that the next time I'll perform, it'll be in a theater that was built in 1736 in France.  I can't even picture that yet.

So now, I need to hurry through all the minutia of packing, enjoying the sunshine and the time with my friends here as we all pack up, and hope that all of these "good byes for now" are really just that, and trust that at some point down the line, we'll find each other again.  I've felt so wonderfully surrounded by love these past few days, and so perhaps too optimistic.  But I like hoping, for everything to go well for these lovely people, and that we'll one day find each other again, so I think I just might continue on that way.  Nothing like Shakespeare's A Midsummer Night's Dream to remind us that even when we're surrounded by fog and the clanging of swords and the barks of hunting hounds, things have a way of working themselves out.  Sometimes you just need a little Puck. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment