Friday, September 2, 2011

yoga

I went with Julian to take a yoga class tonight, which felt absolutely splendid.  So nice to be back in a yoga studio, even if the type of yoga is different than what I've done before -- lots of holding poses and breathing exercises, so your body has time to adjust to each position and sort itself out before you move, not a lot of (read: any) flow -- the community and general philosophy is the same.  It's very different in French, with a lot more of my attention being captured by trying to understand the teacher, rather than focusing that energy inwards, but that will get easier as my French gets better.

Julian and I met up with Guillome, another dancer, for dinner afterwards, and turned around to find Estelle, yet another dancer, with a bunch of her friends, so we all got together at the base of a Cathar church for a wonderful evening of tapas and wine.  I'm much less funny in French, which is something I still need to get used to, mostly because my timing is all off with the trying to understand piece of things... Slowly slowly, my French is coming along though, which is exciting to watch.  Bonne soirée, mes amis, il y aura plus demain!

No comments:

Post a Comment