Monday, December 19, 2011

il y a un chameau dans le parking

So we were mostly very focused on work this week... until we discovered our new neighbour, this lovely camel, tied up next to the parking lot.


 Only at Montaudraun... So in addition to the gypsies camped out in the parking lot across from us, we also now have a full on circus.  There's also a horse to keep this guy company, and as we were driving by, some teenagers hopped out into the street to stop us so there could be a herd of llamas stampeded across the road.  Just to reinforce how I'm at the top of the arts-and-culture food chain over here...

Last week was busy, finally turning all our focus to Nutcracker run-throughs, despite all sorts of injuries and sicknesses and new babies, oh my! that kept us from having a full cast.  I got to work on finishing up my Christmas presents for my French family -- I'll try to remember to take pictures before I give them away -- and hand painted cards for the various Seattle family and friends who are going to see my parents between now and Christmas.  Hurtling towards opening night now, but with Nutcracker, somehow there's the slight feeling that whatever can go wrong, has definitely already somewhere, so there's a little less pressure....


Mmm, but for now, Christmas carols are playing in the background, lights are up on all the trees and storefronts downtown, my grocery bags were mosre than half full of chocolate, the Christmas market with its "bretzels" and mulled wine and rows and rows of gifts-to-be-had is visible from the window of the dressing room at the theater.... and Mackenzie will be getting here on Christmas day, which is somehow impossibly in less than a week! I can't wait for her to be here -- the two of us get to hang around Toulouse while I finish up Nutcracker, celebrate various Christmas-New Years-Birthday fĂȘtes, and then boogie our way to Paris to see some of her UPeace friends, maybe meet up with some Columbia people, and, you know, be in Paris.  Sounds like an okay scenario to kick of 2012. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment