Sunday, December 25, 2011

joyeuses fêtes



So as I happen to be on a different continent from most of you, the idea of sending presents or even cards seemed a little daunting, not quite carbon-responsible, and the end result would be that there would be a lot of people I care about either left out or who got something that didn't come close to recognizing how important they are to me.  What I'd really love is a place on Santa's sleigh, to just pop around the world in the blink of an eye so I could be in many many places at once and get to spend a little time with each of you.  Given Santa's technology hasn't gone public yet, I decided in lieu of wishing my way to each of you, I'd put together a little montage of my life thus far in Toulouse.  


Nutcracker's well on its way, the shows are all completely sold out (including Dress Rehearsal Thursday night), which is nice to have all that excitement and energy coming from the audience.  The two youngest kids, Philippe and Isaure, came with Christine and Olivier to watch Dress, and they were very very excited to see me from their little side box on the first balcony -- Isaure was potentially in danger of falling over the edge craning to see every tidbit, but was very enthralled with the whole thing, and loved my little wink to her during the curtain call.  


Last night a big group of the orphaned dancers all went out for pizza as our big Christmas eve dinner.  Having us all together was a great way to forget just how far away home is... and in case you're concerned about how a bird is going to come by and land on my big lip, I have a bundle of home coming my way right now.  Mackenzie's currently flying over the North Pole and waving to Santa, and arriving this afternoon (eeee!!).  I'm so so excited to have family here for Christmas, and to get to share Toulouse with her.... and Paris for the first few days of January should be fantastic.  Tonight she'll be meeting me after the show, and then we're coming home to make butternut squash risotto with Christine (the mum) and Jeanne (the 13 year old dancer) who are in town just for tonight because Jeanne had the lucky draw of the show on Christmas.  They'll head back to the grandparents' house to join the rest of the family tomorrow morning, but for tonight, it should be a lovely little girls night.  


With Mackenzie here, I'm guessing this will be my last post of 2011.  I'll do my best to take lots of pictures and try to catch myself up once life gets back to "normal" -- whatever that is -- early next year.  Thank you to all my lovely readers (er, that'd be Mum, Dad, and Nana, I think) for giving me an excuse to have all this documented.  Sending you light and love, and wishes for health and happiness in the New Year.  Joyeuses Fêtes à tous!  Bisous!  
 



No comments:

Post a Comment